MJIEL Vol 13 Issue 2 2016 - Book Review
Book Review
International Trade Law:
An Interdisciplinary, Non-Western Textbook, 4th ed.,
by Raj Bhala, LexisNexis, 2015, 2 volumes, ISBN: 9780769869087.
Reviewed by Yoon-Kyung Lee
Dose the western system really have no answer to the global economic crisis anymore?
On 23 June 2016, the UK made a historic vote which is expected to bring about an economic and political upheaval. It was a UK referendum on leaving the European Union, so called the BREXIT. More than 30 million people from all over the country went to the polls, with 51.89% in favour of leaving the EU and 48.11% against it. And in the recent presidential campaign in the US, Donald Trump, the Republican candidate, who uses ‘Make America Great Again’ as a slogan with a neo-isolationist and protectionist view earns an almost 40% approval rating according to a recent survey. Even though it is not clear yet whether the UK would be the first to leave the EU and whether Donald Trump would be the next president of the US, the current situation that happens in the western world should not be overlooked. Should we recognize it as a fundamental regret of the western countries whose ideology has been dominant for decades in the globe or as a simple deviation from the rule of law?

Please Sign in if already registered Subscriber.


Please Register and make the necessary subscription payment to activate your account.

Adobe Reader