Criteria for Submissions
The Board of Editors of JISPIL will only consider submissions that comply with the following requirements:
- The submission must be original, unpublished and not under consideration for publication elsewhere. In the event the submission is selected for publication you will be required to sign an assurance to this effect.
- Articles should be between 5,000 and 8,000 words (12,000 including footnotes). Articles for the ‘Recent Developments’ section should be between 3,000 and 5,000 words.
- An abstract of 50-150 words and a short biography of the author are required.
- JISPIL is a peer reviewed journal. Every submission will be considered by an Editor or member of the Editorial Board and an anonymous external reviewer. In the majority of cases a decision will be made within ten weeks regarding whether the article has been accepted, rejected or accepted subject to specific changes or improvements being made.
- Emphasis is placed on the need for submissions to be highly original, display critical analysis and overall be of an excellent academic standard. Articles that have a descriptive character or lack originality will not be considered for publication.
Editorial Correspondence, including submissions to the journal should be made electronically to the Editor - Journal of Islamic State Practice in International Law. E-mail: JISPIL@electronicpublications.org